Manage Fortinet Firewall and FortiManager
FortiGate Security Management and Analysis NSE5 Training on Real and Licensed Equipment with Subject Matter Expert Trainer and Consultant
Fortray’s FortiGate Security Management and Analysis NSE5 course for Security Professional prepares students to learn the fundamentals of using FortiManager for centralized network administration of many FortiGate devices. They will also learn how to use FortiAnalyzer. They will explore setup, register supported devices and secure communications, managing logs, and archives, and configure both predefined and customized reports.
Fortray’s FortiGate NSE5 – Security Professional course will ensure that the learner gains extensive hands-on experience on the Real & Licensed hardware along with an industry-experienced trainer with only one vision in mind.
“Learn Today Apply Tomorrow”
Watching boring videos, reading books or practicing on your PC with VM Images is helpful, but the first-hand experience on live Network Equipment with our expert trainers and consultants will give enough confidence and expertise to someone who is new to technology.
The advantages of studying on our real/live devices, will not only enhance student confidence and knowledge but also provide them competitive advantages in an interview.
Moreover, 40-60% of the next generation Firewall features like URL Filtering,
Threat prevention, Sandbox, etc. cannot be practiced without having the real & licensed equipment. We have helped many of our customers to achieve their goals.
The unique combination of Expert Trainers and next generation “Network Security” LAB setup ensures not only the maximum exposure to the entire Technology but also facilitates learning in a distinctly conducive environment with our highly skilled and Industry experienced, CCIE and Fortinet NSE4/5 Certified Trainers.
During and after the class, every candidate will have access to his dedicated network device/topology, Task List based on the real-world scenario, which will be assessed and verified by our subject matter expert.
There are a lot of topics covered.
Please click on curriculum Tabs for details.
Jobs Demand Trends for FortiGate Security Management and Analysis NSE 5
Earn up to £450- 550/- per day
- Expand your knowledge base and validate your skills to appeal to potential employers.
- Improve your potential earning power to command a higher salary.
- Learn to perform complex, hands-on activities through lab, study and practice sessions.
- Gain exposure to a wide variety of important features, functions, and tasks.
- Develop a Defence in Depth mindset against threat factors.
- Differentiate yourself from your peers with broader & deeper capabilities to defend your infrastructures using best approach for protection.
This course provides knowledge of
- Describe capabilities of FortiManager
- Add FortiGate devices to Device Manager and import their running configuration
- Use provisioning templates and scripts for device-level changes across many devices
- Identify the synchronization states
- Manage the revision history of managed devices
- Offer a local FortiGuard Distribution Server to your Fortinet devices
- Deploy administrative domains (ADOMs) to support multiple customers on a single FortiManager
- Manage firewall policies across multiple FortiGate devices using policy packages with shared and dynamic objects
- Deploy policies and objects from the global ADOM to multiple ADOMs
- Explain high availability, backup, and recovery options for FortiManager
- Compare methods for centrally managing IPsec VPNs
- Explain the restricted “admin” profile and API high-level usage
- Use workspaces and workflow mode
- Identify steps to replace a managed FortiGate device
- Manage FortiGate devices’ firmware centrally
- Describe key features and concepts of FortiAnalyzer
- Deploy an appropriate architecture
- Manage ADOMs on both FortiAnalyzer and the devices that log to it
- Configure RAID
- Register supported devices
- Encrypt log transmission (SSL / IPSec)
- View & analyse current and historical logs (FortiView)
- Monitor events
- Apply disk quotas to log data from devices
- Backup, restore, and forward log data
- Use content archiving (summary and full)
- Understand the different stages of data processing, from receiving logs to compiling reports
- Understand SQL queries and datasets used by FortiAnalyzer reports
- Design datasets, charts, and custom reports
- Generate reports on schedule on demand
- Knowledge of network security.
- An understanding of UNIX and Windows operating systems, certificate management, system administration, networking (TCP/IP)
- System Administrator
- Support Analysts
- Security managers
- Network engineers
Lab Access & Lab Guide:
Work at your own pace and time and enjoy the 24/7 LAB access during and after the class via the Secured Remote VPN.
- Lectures 8
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 40 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 347
- Assessments Yes