We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
- What is a cookie?
- Our cookies
- Third party cookies
- How to manage cookies
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small files of letters and numbers which asks permission to be placed onto your computer or mobile or other handheld device when you access certain websites. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow a website to recognise a user’s device and help your browser navigate through the website by allowing you to log in automatically or remembering settings you selected during earlier visits (among other functions). Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. Cookies do not harm your computer. If you would like to learn more about cookies in general you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org
- for technical purposes essential for the operation of this website, such as keeping track of your current shopping session and enabling you to proceed to checkout and pay for products;
- to distinguish you from other users of this website, so we can personalise your shopping experience by making this website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests and so we can remember choices you
- make (such as your user name, language or the country you are in) when you return to visit this website;
- to collect statistical information about how visitors use this website, so we can improve the way this website works and measure the success of competitions and campaigns; and
- to enable us to fulfil our contractual obligations to third parties, for example to pay a partner if you have made a purchase on this website by following a link from their website.
Below is a list of the main cookies that are set by us when you access this website and a description of what we use them for:
|Cookie Name||Cookie Purpose|
|Google Analytics_utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz||These cookies enable Google Analytics software to collect information about how visitors use our site. It helps us take and analyse visitor information such as browser usage and new visitor numbers. That information helps us to improve the website and your shopping experience, and to make our marketing campaigns relevant.The data stored by these cookies never shows personal details from which your individual identity can be established. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.|
Third party cookies
Some cookies may be set by third parties when you visit this website. These third parties may be suppliers who partner with us to deliver our website, companies that participate with us in affiliate marketing programmes and other third parties. These cookies are controlled by the third parties, so please check the third-party websites for more information about these cookies and how to manage them. These third party cookies do not collect personal data from which the third party would be able to identify individual customers.
Some of our third party partners that may set cookies on this website include:
If you ‘share’ fortray.com content with friends through social networks – such as Facebook, Google and Twitter – you may be sent cookies from these third party websites. We don’t control the setting of these cookies, so we suggest you check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
We may display video content on fortray.com using Adobe Flash Player. Adobe uses Flash cookies to improve your experience as a user. If you wish to disable or delete a Flash cookie, please visit Adobe Flashplayer Security Settings. Please bear in mind that if you disable Flash cookies you will be unable to access certain content on our website which uses Adobe Flash Player, such as videos.
How to Manage Cookies
You can enable or disable cookies by changing your website browser settings to accept or reject cookies as required. How to do this will depend on the browser you use. We have provided further information below on how to check which browser you use and how to manage cookies. Please bear in mind that if cookies are not enabled on your computer, your activities will be restricted to browsing this website and you will not be able to add products to your shopping bag and buy them.
Checking which browser you use
If you are using a PC – go to ‘Help’ and select the ‘About’ option
If you are using a Mac – click on the Apple menu within the browser and select the ‘About’ option
Once you know which brower you are using, follow the instructions below to check if you have cookies enabled on your computer:
Checking cookies – PCs
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6,7,8
– Go to ‘Tools’ at the top of your browser window. Select ‘Internet options’. Click on the ‘Privacy’ tab
– Ensure that your Privacy level is set to Medium or below to enable cookies
– Go to ‘Tools’ and select Options
– Click the Privacy icon
– Click on Cookies and choose ‘allow sites to set cookies’
– Go to ‘Tools’ and select Options
– Click ‘Under the Hood’ and select the ‘Content settings’ button within the ‘Privacy’ section
– Choose ‘Allow local data to be set’
Checking cookies – Macs
Safari on OSX
– Click ‘Safari’ and select ‘Preferences’
– Click ‘Security’ then ‘Accept cookies’
Mozilla and Netscape on OSX
– Click on ‘Mozilla’ or ‘Netscape’ and select ‘Preferences’
– Find ‘Cookies’ under ‘Privacy & Security’
– Select ‘Enable cookies for the originating web site only’
Microsoft Internet Explorer on OSX
– Click ‘Explorer’ and select ‘Preferences’
– Find ‘Cookies’ under ‘Receiving Files’
– Select ‘Never Ask’
– Click ‘Menu’ and select ‘Settings’
– Select ‘Preferences’ and then ‘Advanced’
– Select ‘Accept cookies’
Full instructions for all browsers can be found at http://www.aboutcookies.org/default.aspx?page=1
Links to other websites