NSE 4 – FortiGate Network Security Professional
FortiGate NSE 4 – Security Professional Training on Real & Licensed Equipment with Subject Matter Expert Trainer and Consultant
FortiGate NSE 4 – Security Professional course for Security Professional prepares students with the ability to configure, install and monitor the FortiGate Unified Threat Management products in a customer’s network.
Fortray’s FortiGate NSE 4 – Security Professional course will ensure that the learner gains extensive hands-on experience on the Real & Licensed hardware along with an industry-experienced trainer with only one vision in mind.
“Learn Today Apply Tomorrow”
Watching boring videos, reading books or practicing on your PC with VM Images is helpful, but the first-hand experience on live Network Equipment with our expert trainers and consultants will give enough confidence and expertise to someone who is new to technology.
The advantages of studying on our real/live devices, will not only enhance student confidence and knowledge but also provide them competitive advantages in an interview.
Moreover, 40-60% of the next generation Firewall features like URL Filtering,
Threat prevention, Sandbox, etc. cannot be practiced without having the real & licensed equipment. We have helped many of our customers to achieve their goals.
The unique combination of Expert Trainers and next generation “Network Security” LAB setup ensures not only the maximum exposure to the entire Technology but also facilitates learning in a distinctly conducive environment with our highly skilled and Industry experienced, CCIE and Fortinet NSE4/5 Certified Trainers.
During and after the class, every candidate will have access to his dedicated network device/topology, Task List based on the real-world scenario, which will be assessed and verified by our subject matter expert.
There are a lot of topics covered.
Please click on curriculum Tabs for details.
Jobs Demand Trends for FortiGate NSE 4 – Security Professional
Earn up to £450- 550/- per day
- Expand your knowledge base and validate your skills to appeal to potential employers.
- Improve your potential earning power to command a higher salary.
- Learn to perform complex, hands-on activities through lab, study and practice sessions.
- Gain exposure to a wide variety of important features, functions, and tasks.
- Develop a Defence in Depth mindset against threat factors.
- Differentiate yourself from your peers with broader & deeper capabilities to defend your infrastructures using best approach for protection.
After completing FortiGate NSE4 course, you will be able to:
- Describe capabilities of FortiGate UTM
- Neutralize threats/misuse: viruses, torrents, and inappropriate websites
- Control network access based on device type
- Authenticate users via firewall policies
- Offer an SSL VPN for secure access to your private network
- Establish an IPsec VPN tunnel between two FortiGate appliances
- Compare policy- vs. tunnel-based IPsec VPN
- Apply port forwarding, source NAT, and destination NAT
- Interpret log entries
- Generate reports
- Use the GUI and CLI for administration
- Deploy the right operation mode
- Deploy an explicit proxy with firewall policies, authentication, and caching
- Simplify protocol handling with application control
- Deploy FortiGate devices as an HA cluster for fault-tolerance & high performance
- Inspect traffic transparently, forwarding as a Layer 2 device
- Manage FortiGate device’s route table
- Route packets using policy-based and static routes for multi-path and load-balance deployments
- Connect virtual domains (VDOMs) without packets leaving FortiGate
- Implement a meshed / partially redundant VPN
- Diagnose failed IKE exchanges
- Fight hacking & denial of service (DoS)
- Diagnose IPS engine performance issues
- Offer Fortinet Single Sign-On (FSSO) access to network services, integrated with Microsoft Active Directory
- Inspect SSL/TLS-secured traffic to prevent encryption used to bypass security policies
- Understand encryption functions and certificates
- Defend against data leaks by identifying files with sensitive data, and blocking them from leaving your private network
- Diagnose and correct common problems
- Optimize performance by configuring to leverage ASIC acceleration chips, such as CP or NPs, instead of only the CPU resources
- Implement IPv6 and hybrid IPv4-IPv6 networks
- Knowledge of network security
- An understanding of UNIX and Windows operating systems, certificate management, system administration, networking (TCP/IP)
- System administrators
- Support Analysts
- Security managers
- Network engineers
Lab Access & Lab Guide:
Work at your own pace and time and enjoy the 24/7 LAB access during and after the class via the Secured Remote VPN.
- Lectures 22
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 40 hours
- Skill level Associate
- Language English
- Students 785
- Assessments Yes
Details course Contents
- Introduction to Fortinet UTM
- Logging and Monitoring
- Firewall Policies
- Firewall Authentication
- SSL VPN
- Basic IPsec VPN
- Explicit Proxy
- Web Filtering
- Application Control
- Virtual Networking
- Transparent Mode
- High Availability
- Advanced IPsec VPN
- Certificate Operations
- Hardware Acceleration