Blue Coat Certified ProxySG Administrator
Blue Coat Proxy SG training on a Real Equipment with Subject Matter Expert Trainer and Consultant.
Fortray’s Blue Coat Certified ProxySG Administrator (BCCPA) course is intended for students who wish to master the fundamentals of Blue Coat ProxySG. You will learn the primary functions of the ProxySG, how they work, how to administer them, and how the ProxySG interfaces with other Blue Coat products like AV.
You will learn fundamental concepts of network security and wide-area network (WAN) optimization and how to get service and support from Blue Coat.
Fortray Blue Coat Certified ProxySG will ensure that the learner gains extensive
hands-on experience on the Real & Licensed hardware along with an
industry-experienced trainer with only one vision in mind.
“Learn Today Apply Tomorrow”
Watching boring videos, reading books or practicing on your PC with VM Images is helpful, but the first-hand experience on live Network Equipment with our expert trainers and consultants will give enough confidence and expertise to someone who is new to technology.
The advantages of studying on our real/active devices, will not only enhance student confidence and knowledge but also provide them competitive advantages in an interview.
The unique combination of Expert Trainers and next generation “Network Security” LAB setup ensures not only the maximum exposure to the entire Technology but also facilitates learning in a distinctly conducive environment with our highly skilled and Industry experienced, CCIE and Blue Coat ProxySG Certified Trainers.
During and after the class, every candidate will have access to his dedicated network device/topology, task List based on the real-world scenario, which will be assessed and verified by our subject matter expert.
There are many topics covered.
Please click on curriculum Tabs for details.
Jobs Demand Trends for Blue Coat ProxySG Administrator
Earn up to £550- 600/- per day
- Expand your knowledge base and validate your skills to appeal to potential employers.
- Improve your potential earning power to command a higher salary.
- Learn to perform complex, hands-on activities through lab, study and practice sessions.
- Gain exposure to a wide variety of important features, functions, and tasks.
- Develop a Defence in Depth mindset against threat factors.
- Differentiate yourself from your peers with broader & deeper capabilities to defend your infrastructures using best approach for protection.
- Describe the primary Secure Web Gateway functions of the ProxySG.
- Describe the role of the ProxySG as it relates to other Blue Coat products as part of a complete security solution.
- Configure a ProxySG and place it into live service.
- Administer the primary Secure Web Gateway functions of the ProxySG.
- Perform basic troubleshooting of the ProxySG and decide when it is appropriate to open a service request.
- Students must have a basic familiarity with networking concepts including routing, switching, and IP address.
- Students should also be familiar with basic port-based security concepts.
- Experience with other security technologies (IPS, proxy, and content filtering) is a plus.
- Network Engineers
- Firewall Administrators
- Security Administrators
- Security Analysts
- Security Operations Specialists
- Contractors looking to upskill
- Support Staff
Lab Access & Lab Guide:
Work at your own pace and time and enjoy the 24/7 LAB access during and after the class via the Secured Remote VPN.
- Lectures 15
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level Associate
- Language English
- Students 120
- Assessments Yes
Details course Contents
- Introduction to ProxySG
- ProxySG Security Deployments
- ProxySG Initial Security Configuration
- ProxySG Management Console
- ProxySG Security Licensing
- Proxy Services
- Hypertext Transfer Protocol
- Introduction to Visual Policy Manager
- Content Filtering and WebPulse
- Managing Downloads
- Authenticating users on the ProxySG
- Authentication Realms
- Authentication with Transparent Proxy
- Exceptions and Notifications
- Access Logging